Aircraft Engines & Nacelles
Aircraft Engine Manufacturers
- ASE Engines Engines for ultralights, microlights, trikes, experimental, and light sport aircraft.
- Aviadvigatel Design of gas turbine engines for civil and military aviation, as well as design of industrial gas turbines for ground and marine application. Engineering services in mechanics, vibrations, combustion, aerodynamics, and computer-aided design.
- CFM International Engine facts, fleet statistics, news. Online ordering of CFM logo products
- Continental Motors A supplier of power plants for manned and unmanned aircraft, including new and rebuilt piston engines and parts for general aviation aircraft.
- Deltahawk Aircraft Diesel Engines Starting at 160 HP, up to 200 HP, and will fit in a Lyc. O- 360 shape. 2-Stroke engine, no valve, no electrics (just a starter and an alternator). Manufactured in the US.
- Engine Alliance A 50/50 joint venture between GE Aircraft Engines and Pratt & Whitney to develop, manufacture, sell, and support engines for high-capacity, long-range aircraft.
- Eurojet Turbo GmbH A European military aero-engine consortium between partners Avio (Italy), ITP (Spain), MTU Aero Engines (Germany), and Rolls-Royce (UK). Eurojet developed, produces, and sells the EJ200 engine that powers the Eurofighter Typhoon.
- Europrop International GmbH Maker of the TP400-D6 turboprop engine, the western world's largest-ever turboprop engine. Chosen to power the Airbus Military A400M transport aircraft.
- GE Aaviation Products and services, tech pubs,customer training, customer support.
- GE Honda Aero Engines A 50/50 joint company created in 2004 by General Electric Company (GE) and Honda to pursue the launch of Honda's HF118 turbofan engine in the light business jet market.
- Honeywell Allied Signal APUs for OEMs and airlines.
- International Aero Engines The V2500 series turbofan engine from partners Pratt & Whitney, JEAC, and MTU.
- MTU Aero Engines This German engine manufacturer provides engine development, engine production, and maintenance services for civil and military aero engines and industrial gas turbines.
- PowerJet An equally-owned joint-venture of Snecma (SAFRAN group) and the Russian company NPO Saturn.
- Pratt & Whitney Commercial and military turbofan, turbojet, and turboprop engines and services.
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Company news and information, products, customer support, customer help desk contact info.
- Rolls Royce Aero engines for large civil aircraft and corporate jets, as well as defence aero engines and services.
- Rotec Engineering Radial engines for homebuilt enthusiasts.
- Snecma Civil and military engines.
- Turbomeca A manufacturer of low- to medium-power gas turbines for helicopters, turbojet engines for aircraft and missiles, as well as turbines for land, industrial and marine applications. Part of the Snecma group.
- Williams International Development and manufacture of small gas turbine engine technology.
- Zanzottera Technologies S.r.l. Design, development and production of a range of light weight engines from 22 to 260 hp, for powering unmanned vehicles.
Aircraft Engine Nacelles and Thrust Reversers
- Aircelle Airbus nacelle systems.
- Middle River Aircraft Systems MRAS is a supplier of jet engine thrust reversers, providing reversers for General Electric and Pratt & Whitney.
- Nordam An original equipment manufacturer of nacelle and thrust reverser systems and integrated propulsion systems for business jets, regional jets and commercial jet transport airliners. Services include repairs, spares, aftermarket product support and AOG support.
Aircraft-Based Industrial Gas Turbines
- ALSTOM Active in power generation, power transmission and distribution, and power conversion, including the use of aeroengine gas turbine technology.
- Aviadvigatel Design of industrial gas turbines for ground and marine application.
- ETS Power Group A provider of new alternative source parts for industrial gas engine turbines, such as blades, buckets, vanes, turbine seals, etc.
- GE Power Systems A supplier of power generation technology, energy services, and management systems.
- Wood Group Pratt & Whitney Industrial Turbine Services, LLC Sales, lease, and service of Pratt and Whitney GG3, GG4, and GG8 gas generators and free turbines.
Future Engine Technology
- Innovative Scientific Solutions, Inc. ISSI is a small research development company primarily serving the Aerospace community. They have been collaborating with the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Combustion Science Branch to study the physics of detonation initiation associated with Pulsed Detonation Engines (PDE's). Site offers a PDE FAQ and videos.
- Pulse Detonation Engines A good description of the physics involved.
- Ultra-Efficient Engine Technology (UEET) This NASA project is focued on promoting environmentally friendly, clean burning engines by developing innovative technologies to enable intelligent turbine engines that significantly reduce harmful emissions while maintaining high performance and increasing reliability.
Sites Related to Aircraft Engines
- Aircraft Engine Design Dedicated to education about gas turbine propulsion and aircraft engine design: courses, textbooks, data, cutaway engine pictures, pioneers, engine primer, library, links.
- The Aircraft Engine Historical Society A non-profit educational and historical society, open to the public, which fosters an appreciation of the people, art, and science associated with aircraft engine development, manufacture, and use.