Aviation Events: Airshows & Fly-ins, Conferences & Exhibitions
- Aviation Leadership Forum Founded in 2008 by Former Sea to Sky President, Teara Fraser, the Aviation Leadership Forum provides an opportunity for industry professionals to collaborate and discuss the critical nature of leadership development in impacting organizational and industry safety standards. Topics and round-table discussion will touch on corporate leadership, cultural change, and organizational performance standards. This impactful one-day event is held annually in Richmond, British Columbia and continues to expand to a widening range of delegate participants and corporate sponsors. Students and teachers are encouraged to attend. (Discount granted with student ID#) River Rock Resort Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, February 19, 2013.
- Northwest Aviation Conference and Trade Show This event brings pilots, mechanics, aircraft owners and their families together for two days of seminars and presentations as well as over 300 exhibits. If you have an interest in aviation, here you will get all your questions answered. Showplex in Puyallup Washington, February 23 - 24, 2013.
- 2013 Aerospace Medicine Symposium The Symposium will look to provide an overview of the current and future developments in enhancing human performance in aviation. The one day programme will cover both medical and technical aspects of enhancing performance in the cockpit. This will include the use of sensors and other technologies to augment / enhance human perception, and the possible limitations that may be encountered with this approach, as well as the optimisation of performance through sleep, pharmaceuticals, exercise and diet. The scope includes military, civilian and space flight applications. The Symposium will be followed by the annual Stewart Named Lecture and a networking reception. Continuing Professional Development credits are available. London, UK, March 5, 2013.
- Preparing the Aircraft Commander for the 21st Century Conference Following the recent Air France and Colgan Air incidents, it is clear there are growing concerns that the issue of monitoring within the cockpit needs to be highlighted and ideas formulated as to how it can be addressed within training programmes. The RAeS Flight Operations Group therefore wishes to bring together all relevant stakeholders within the flight training industry - airline training managers, regulatory authorities, training providers and aircraft manufacturers - to debate how safety improvements can be highlighted and implemented. London, UK, March 19-20, 2013.
- Sun 'n Fun International Fly-In & Expo The annual "must-attend" fly-in that kicks off the season. Get there if you can. Lakeland, Florida, April 9-14, 2013.
- CANSO Asia-Pacific Conference Transforming ATM Performance through Innovation and Collaboration. With air traffic in the region forecasted to triple by 2030 the conference will examine the urgent need for innovative ATM solutions and proactive collaboration to achieve sustainable growth in the region. This forum is a unique opportunity for the ATM leaders of this region to discuss how ANSPs here can work together to address this challenge. Jakarta, Indonesia, May 6-8, 2013.
- Become a Pilot Day, Family Day and Aviation Display The ninth annual Become a Pilot Day is held at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, located in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington Dulles International Airport. You’ll see nearly 50 visiting vintage, recreational, military, and home-built aircraft, at an outdoor display for one day only, and enjoy indoor presentations and activities for all ages. June 15, 2013.
- EAA Airventure The annual Oshkosh event. July 29 - August 4, 2013.
- Flight 2014 2014 is the 100th anniversary of the first scheduled commercial airline. This project of Florida Aviation Historic Society seeks to encourage and educate students and the general public that in 1914, the Benoist with pilot Tony Jannus at the controls, had its inaugural flight from St. Petersburg to Tampa, Florida and thus created a legacy in aviation history as the world's first scheduled passenger airline.
- Aerial FX Skydiving & Aerial Promotions An African aerial entertainment and skydiving display company.
- Aerobatic Display Teams Web Site A site by and for fans of aerobatic teams with links to team websites, aerobatic team news, videos of performances, books, a forum, and links.
- The AeroShell Aerobatic Team Four pilots flying formation aerobatics in the World War II North American Advanced Trainer
- Air Combat Command Aerial Events information concerning the Six Air Combat Command Single-Ship Demonstration Teams, the B-2, and the F-117.
- Andy Bickmore Air shows and air racing - available for international and European air shows. Aircraft Sukhoi 26, Yak 3 warbird, and coming soon SBach 342.
- Blue Angels The official web site of the United States Navy Blue Angels.
- Brazilian Air Force Aerobatic Team Also known as "Esquadrilha da Fumaça" (The Smoke Squadron). Seven T-27 (Embraer EMB-312) and 11 pilots. Squadron history and pictures about aerobatics, pilots, and the new paint scheme with national flag colours.
- Bulldog Airshows Homepage of airshow performer Jim LeRoy with schedule, testimonials, avi videos, gallery.
- The Canadian Snowbirds
- Cartouche Doré The Web site of the aerobatic patrol "Cartouche Doré" (French air force basic pilot training school of Cognac). Le site officiel de la patrouille Cartouche Doré de l'Ecole de pilotage de l'armée de l'air - Base aérienne de Cognac - France.
- Classic Jet Aircraft Company Operator of several ex-UK military Hawker Hunter jets on the UK and European air-show circuit.
- Classic Radial Air Power Fly-in or open house biplane ride concessions in a Stearman biplane. Also, rides over Western Maryland, classic tailwheel instruction, and aircraft delivery services.
- Commemorative Air Force - Razorback Wing Based in Pine Bluff Arkansas, The Razorback Wing maintains a web site with pictures of Military Aircraft from WWII. They are dedicated to preserving, in flying condition, a complete collection of combat aircraft flown by all U.S. military services in World War II, and providing museum buildings for permanent protection and display of these aircraft,
- Debby Rihn-Harvey Airshows U.S. National Aerobatic Champion, top-ranked U.S. Women's Aerobatics competitor, and Texas Aviation Hall of Fame Inductee.
- Denny Dobson Aerobatics Airshow aerobatics performer. List of airshows, picture gallery.
- Ed Hamill The home of Aerosports Marketing Group, Inc., a full service marketing company specializing in aerial entertainment, providing local and regional non-traditional advertising.
- European Airshow Council Providing a forum for key players to formulate ideas, define good practice, and discuss all matters relating to the airshow entertainment business within Europe and confining regions.
- Extreme Akro Airshows Flying the Edge 540 unlimited aerobatic airplane. This site is a multi-media tour-de-force. If you have the bandwidth, enjoy the show!
- Fanclub Patrouille Suisse The homepage of the Patrouille Suisse fanclub.
- Grayout Aerosports A one stop shop for everything aerobatic in the U.S. Midwest: upset and emergency maneuver training, proficiency for that next aerobatic competition, airshow performances, and exhilarating airplane rides. Based at Hendrick's County Airport, just west of Indianapolis, Indiana. If you let them know what airport is closest, they'll come to you.
- Historic Aircraft Collection Formed to restore and operate a collection of piston-engined military aircraft. HAC currently operate Spitfire Mk. Vb (G-MKVB), Hawker Hurricane XIIa (G-HURI), Hawker Nimrod II (G-BURZ), Fieseler Storch (G-BPHZ), and Chipmunk (G-BWUT).
- Hoppers This group of private individuals donate their time and money to exhibit jet wabirds. They aim to educate the general public and inspire youngsters.
- International Council of Air Shows An association of air show producers, performers and support service providers, ICAS was created in 1968 to safeguard and promote the interests of air shows and air show professionals.
- Justyn Gorman Aerobatics Home to UK Formation and Aerobatic Display Pilot Justyn Gorman. There is information and photographs of the pilot and machines, as well as detailed previews and reviews of events for the season.
- Lasertronics Pyrotechnic special effects, including airshows, aircraft and skydiving stunts, as well as fireworks displays, laser shows, and holographic projections for stage, stunts, film and TV, corporate and special events.
- Lima Lima flight team The world's only civilian six man aerobatic formation team. One of the oldest civilian teams in existence.
- Living Sky Aerobatics Performing shows throughout North America, and now teamed up with the Canadian Aviation Hall of Fame to display the current year inductee display trailer. Located in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada.
- Michael Goulian Airshows Thrilling airshow fans with high performance power aerobatics.
- Misty Blues This all women skydiving team performs at airshows, corporate events, and other special occasions.
- The Moscow Flying Ballet A company of classically trained ballerinas who perform jumps, pirouettes, and dance routines in-flight. No parachutes. Wing walking will never be the same.
- The New Whirlybirds Two Bell 47 pilots re-enact the memory of the Whirlybirds.
- Patrouille Suisse
- Patty Wagstaff Airshows, Inc. Aerobatic competitor's schedule, biography, forums, photos, plane specs, information and order forms for her autobiography "Fire and Air." Her blog, PattyWagstaff, contains images from the life of an airshow pilot. There is only one Patty!
- Paul Lopez Airshows Flying the MX2 2-place Unlimited category carbon fiber monoplane.
- RAF Valley Hawk Display The public face of No 4 Flying Training School at RAF Valley, which exists to demonstrate the professional excellence of the RAF and promote recruitment to the RAF, both as officers and airmen, and for all trades, not just aircrew.
- Red Arrows The Royal Air Force aerobatic team./li>
- The Red Devils Free-Fall Team This unofficial website provides the history of The Parachute Regiment Free-Fall Team - The Red Devils. The parachute team of the British Army was formed in 1964 and trained by The Golden Knights Parachute Team.
- Red Storm Airshows MIG-17 airshow performances (ACRO, formation, dogfights, awesome smoke) by veteran fighter pilot Jack E. Wilhite, Broomfield, Colorado. Donation flights are available.
- The Russian Knights aerobatic team
- Russian Thunder Eric Beard performs acrobatics in a Yak 54. Schedule, photo gallery, videos.
- Texas HeatWave Aerobatic Team A Giant Scale Model Air Show Team sponsored by the Academy of Model Aeronautics, and members of ICAS.
- Tiger Moth Enterprises A Toronto-based aviation consulting firm run by a veteran Canadian Air Force fighter pilot, and offering the full services of a DeHavilland DH82C Tiger Moth for films, television productions and air displays as well as commercials and public events.
- Tora Tora Tora A re-creation of the December 7th, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor accomplished through hundreds of volunteers, most belonging to the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) working as ground crew, maintenance, pilots and pyrotechnic experts. Their purpose is to display World War II history, and entertain.
- Utterly Butterly Wingwalking Aerobatics Display Team Airshow schedules as well as activities for parents, kids, and schools.
- Vyazma Rus Squadron The official website of the Vyazma Rus L-39 Aerobatic Squadron, and offering L-39 flight training and L-39 jet fun flights.
Airshow Related Sites
- The 1941 Historic Aircraft Group The group hosts the "History of Flight Airshow" every June, has several aircraft restoration projects, and hosts various other aviation events thoughout the year.
- Air-Scene UK A weekly journal of airshow previews, reviews, and articles on aviation.
- AirShowCast A podcast for the air show enthusiast, fanatic, performer, volunteer, organizer, etc. Hear news about shows, meet movers and shakers in the business, and listen to some of the behind the scenes folks who make things happen at your favorite shows.
- Airshow Schedules and Pics A Yahoo! club where you can talk about airshows, get airshow information, and exchange photographs.
- Airshows.TV A website offering the latest news, videos, and pictures from airshows in the UK. Also, an online store selling the latest aviation DVD's and videos at competitive prices.
- JetJournal Airshow Blog This military aviation enthusiast tries to find events worth a visit and shares them with others. You'll find news about airshows, display teams, and other aviation-related events, mainly focused on Europe. In German, but with great photos everyone can enjoy.
- M-4 Flight Simulator See the M-4 Flight Simulator at air shows all over the US for the ride of a lifetime! Experience all the thrills of 360 degree rolls in an P-51 Mustang or a Jet Interceptor. See the calendar for an airshow near you.
- The Official EAA Oshkosh Website Gallery, news and press releases.
- Fabke's Airshow Page Military and civil aviation serials, airshows, pictures, links.
- Live Airshow TV This video-based marketing company serves the air show market with live onboard cameras as well as analysis and historical perspective. These are presented on large LED screens right on the ramp. Then they send that signal all over the world through a live Internet broadcast.
- Sierra Bravo Aero Pictures European airshow shedules, airshow reports, as well as news and other aviation items of interest. (This site only supports certain browsers.)
- World Airshow News A trade magazine for the airshow entertainment industry.
- World Aviation Club Membership entitles you to access to air show streaming video and stills library. World Aviation Club is putting film crews into the world's major airshows, producing broadcast quality video, which can be watched streaming by members with Broadband Internet.
- Aero GP A new international sports series filmed for television and featuring 500 kph pylon air racing, precision target bombing, and air combat.
- American Powered Parachute Association Host of the World Powered Parachute Championship each year in Greenville, Illinois, USA.
- Barron Hilton Cup This event recognizes soaring pilots who have flown the longest glider flights in their parts of the world.
- Flyathlon A multiple challenge activity in which the Flyathletes take part in a flight segment, and in additional sport segments. The sport segments are determined according to the available amenities in the destination Flyathlon airport area. Half Moon Bay, California.
- Hot Air Balloon European Cup
- Red Bull Air Race Competition where talented pilots are up against each other in a race based on speed, precision, and skill. The objective is to navigate a challenging race course in the sky, in the fastest possible time. Pilots fly individually against the clock and have to execute tight turns through a slalom course consisting of specially designed pylons, known as "Air Gates." After knockout rounds the two fastest pilots go head-to-head in the final. The flying is low-level and the spectators are close to the action.
- Red Bull Vertigo International paragliding & hanggliding areobatic competition.
- Reno Air Racing Association Official web site of the National Championship Air Races and Air Show.
Conference & Convention Lists and Schedules
- Aerospace Industries Association Calendar of events.
- Air Transport Association Calendar of events.
- airportconference.com A site where you can find a list of future Insight Media airport conferences and CDs of presentations of airport conferences in the past.
- Airport Technology - Exhibitions and Conferences Chronological list with links.
- Aviation Industry Conferences An independent conference organising company in the commercial aviation sector. About 20 conferences held per year.
- Aviation Slide Conventions DAPPA provides a worldwide list of aviation photography societies that organize aviation slide conventions to offer their members and visitors the chance to buy, exchange, or trade slides with fellow enthusiasts. Some of these events offer more than just slides, with aviation books, models, flight safety cards, videos, and other aviation collectables.
- Aviation Week Group Conferences and exhibitions.
- Boeing Frontiers Online - Calendar of Events List of conferences and web site links.
- Commercial Aviation Events Conferences and training seminars for the aviation finance industry.
- Gorham Advanced Materials Inc. Conferences
- IATA Conferences & Exhibitions IATA Conference and exhibition links.
- Inter Airport Conferences Airport exhibitions in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and the U.S.
- International Air Transport Association Conferences Email notification of events available.
- Jane's Conferences Links to conference information pages.
- National Air Transportation Association NATA conventions, events, and seminars.
- The Society of British Aerospace Companies Ltd. Events and exhibitions.
- SPEEDNEWS Calendar of Events for the Aviation Industry Upcoming events with contact information and Website links. See also Speednews Aviation Suppliers Conferences.
- Strategic Research Institute Conferences Aviation and aerospace & defense conferences sponsored by SRI.
Event Lists and Schedules
- Aero-Pix Airshow Schedule This is a list of the U.S. and Canadian air shows.
- Air Combat Command Aerial Events Information concerning the Six Air Combat Command Single-Ship Demonstration Teams, the B-2, and the F-117.
- Air Display Association Europe A pan-European organisation whose members include the organisers of practically all the major UK Airshows and a majority of those arranging smaller events. Includes extensive list of European airshows.
- Airshows A searchable database of airshows, performers and support services.
- AirVenture A list of airshows around the world by month, with links to the airshow websites.
- Balloon Events This is a comprehensive and up-to-date list (with links) of balloon events worldwide.
- Cessna Upcoming Events Events where Cessna plans to showcase their products.
- DeltaWeb Air Show Guide An extensive airshow calendar arranged by world region.
- Eglin AFB West Coast F-15 Demo Team page Schedule, team, picture gallery, video clips, links, merchandise.
- Festivals-and-Shows.com USA airshow schedules by State, including the Blue Angels and USAF Thunderbirds cities and dates.
- Fly-In Calendar Find fly-in events and airshows in the U.S. See upcoming fly-in and aviation events for the weekend, or a month at a glance calendar, or events by month. You can even restrict the list to the state(s) you want to view. For each event there is information about the event, links, and contact information. A very usable site!
- Fly-ins.com Find fly-ins, airshows and other aviation events quickly and easily. Search by category (fly-ins, military, balloon, races, ultralights, etc.), date range, and U.S. state. Post your event, find museums, and receive e-mail notification of aviation events for the categories and states you have selected, as they are listed. Presented by the Aviation Foundation of America, Inc.
- International Council of Air Shows Air show schedule information.
- Lycos - Airshows Links to events, organizers, performers.
- Patty Wagstaff's Airshow Calendar A comprehensive schedule of upcoming air shows and other noteworthy aviation events.
- Places To Fly Dedicated to providing timely information on the location of fly-ins, air races, EAA and other breakfasts and lunch events, as well as a free source of information on the activities of the flying community.
- Regional EAA Fly-Ins Schedule and links to regional EAA fly-ins.
- Scramble Magazine Airshow Section Extensive worldwide airshow listing and show reports.
- Skycontrol Calendar of Events A searchable calendar of worldwide aviation events: exhibitions and conferences, festivals and displays, air shows, air races and championships, fly-ins, trainings and workshops, and others.
- Sky Flash Information and links to display teams, military planes, airshow reports.
- Southern California Airshow News Airshow dates and notable acts.
- The Southern California Airshow Page This site contains a calendar and links to airshows around the world, and many other aviation links as well.
- SpeedNews Calendar of Events Lists aviation industry conferences, trade shows, seminars and workshops from around the world. Search by date, organizer, event name.
- UK Airshow Review Reviews, maps, pictures, calendar, photos, links.
- UK Airshows Upcoming shows and reviews of past shows.
Organizers & Services
- AirSupport, LLC A full-service airshow planning and production company, offering services ranging from preliminary consultation to complete implementation, including site survey and assessment, air and ground operations, logistics planning, crowd and traffic management, safety coordination, volunteer management and budget analysis.
- American Aerospace & Defense Industries AADI helps American companies from the aerospace, aviation and defense sectors of industry compete in international markets by organizing and managing exhibit and marketing support programs at leading air shows throughout the world.
- David Schultz Airshows Airshow and aircraft coordination for military and civilian installations worldwide.
- European Sport Pilot Association The ESPA is the premier organiser of international air races in Europe.
- Everest Events Specialises in organising and managing events, including conferences and exhibitions. They have particular expertise in organising aviation industry events, training schools, and conferences.
- Flight Line Radio Providing show radio transmission services, including an announcer and multiple channels of content, such as general information, infomercials, or even a second language. They provide event patrons with a personal radio, enabling them to move about the venue while remaining in touch with the announcer, or listen to pre-recorded materials.
- Insight Media's Airport Conferences Conferences around the world. Mailing list available.
- Royal Aeronautical Society Conferences, lectures, and events.
- slipstreamevents.net These air display and hot air balloon event consultants provide temporary air traffic control systems, aviation event production, commentators, and high quality sound systems for aviation events. They specialise in major special events, creative production, technical support, and management for any type of aviation, marine, or major special event, in the UK or internationally.
Aviation Record Attempts
- London to Cape Town '09 In 2009, British pilot Robert Vallier will attempt to break the World Record for a single-engine aircraft flight from London (UK), to Cape Town (SA), solo. This web page will follow his progress.
- Polar First World record-breaking helicopter pilots Jennifer Murray and Colin Bodill are attempting what no one has ever done before - to fly a helicopter around the world via the South and North Pole.