Green Aviation Sites
- Advisory Council for Aeronautics Research in Europe ACARE aims to develop and maintain a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) for aeronautics in Europe that will influence all European stakeholders in the planning of research programmes, particularly national and EU programmes, in line with the Vision 2020 and the goals it identifies.
- AIRETS This organization seeks to provide the aviation sector with information on the EU Emissions Trading Scheme, and to give aircraft operators access to a wide range of solutions that allow airlines to significantly reduce their costs and risks related to the EU Emissions Trading Scheme. An online forum is available for aircraft operators which serves as a platform for questions and answers related to the Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Aviation and the Environment Blog This Flightglobal blog seeks to comment on environmental issues and host an objective debate about environmental issues.
- Aviation Environment Federation The AEF is a UK-based non-profit membership association that is concerned exclusively with the environmental impacts of aviation.
- Aviation Experts A consulting company focused on the aviation industry as well as the European Emission Trading Scheme (EU-ETS). They provide an integrated software solution to manage and monitor your EU-ETS activities.
- Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative The CAAFI seeks to enhance energy security and environmental sustainability for aviation through alternative jet fuels. It's a coalition that focuses the efforts of commercial aviation to engage the emerging alternative fuels industry, and is sponsored by The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Office of Environment and Energy responsible for aviation energy and environmental policy, Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) representing airports, Aerospace Industries Association (AIA) representing manufacturers, and Air Transport Association of America (ATA) representing U.S. airlines.
- Eco-Aviation Channel This Air Transport World page contains featured eco aviation articles, daily news about aviation and the environment, related webinars and events, and the free monthly Eco-Aviation Today e-newsletter.
- Enviro.aero An initiative of the commercial aviation industry seeking to provide information on industry measures underway to limit the impact of aviation on the environment.
- Gevo This developer of next generation biofuels has investment from Virgin through the Virgin Green Fund.
- GreenAir Online Independent reporting and information on aviation and environmental issues with news, features, and statistics on the impact of air travel on global warming and the environment in general.
- Green Aviation International Aviation and other professionals working to ensure mutual solutions for the long-term success of aviation and green sustainable society.
- Green Aviation Research & Development Network GARDN partners include industrial leaders and Canadian universities with research themes to develop technologies related to: source noise reduction, source emissions reduction, materials and manufacturing processes, airport operations, aircraft operations, alternative fuels, product lifecycle management.
- Green Skys The Green Skies aviation consulting company hosts an annual green aviation conference in North America bringing the industry together to discuss goals and learn from each other.
- Greenway Jets Environmentally responsible air charter operators. All charter jet flights carbon-offset at no cost to you. On-demand charter, international flights, empty legs.
- Partnership for AiR Transportation Noise and Emissions Reduction An aviation cooperative research organization, and an FAA/NASA/Transport Canada-sponsored Center of Excellence, that fosters breakthrough technological, operational, policy, and workforce advances for the betterment of mobility, economy, national security, and the environment. Headquartered at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Solar Impulse This airplane is designed to fly day and night, propelled solar energy. It uses four 10 HP electric engines powered by arrays of solar cells on the wings and horizontal stabilizer.
- Treeflights This non-profit plants trees to withdraw carbon from the atmosphere, mostly for people who fly but they are happy to put trees in the ground for anyone engaged in a carbon-intensive activity or to replace consumed resources. You can have a tree planted as a gift on behalf of someone else.