New at Thirty Thousand Feet
New February 23, 2013
2013 Aerospace Medicine Symposium The Symposium will look to provide an overview of the current and future developments in enhancing human performance in aviation. The one day programme will cover both medical and technical aspects of enhancing performance in the cockpit. This will include the use of sensors and other technologies to augment / enhance human perception, and the possible limitations that may be encountered with this approach, as well as the optimisation of performance through sleep, pharmaceuticals, exercise and diet. The scope includes military, civilian and space flight applications. The Symposium will be followed by the annual Stewart Named Lecture and a networking reception. Continuing Professional Development credits are available. London, UK
, March 5, 2013
Preparing the Aircraft Commander for the 21st Century Conference Following the recent Air France and Colgan Air incidents, it is clear there are growing concerns that the issue of monitoring within the cockpit needs to be highlighted and ideas formulated as to how it can be addressed within training programmes. The RAeS Flight Operations Group therefore wishes to bring together all relevant stakeholders within the flight training industry - airline training managers, regulatory authorities, training providers and aircraft manufacturers - to debate how safety improvements can be highlighted and implemented. London, UK
, March 19
CANSO Asia-Pacific Conference Transforming ATM Performance through Innovation and Collaboration. With air traffic in the region forecasted to triple by 2030 the conference will examine the urgent need for innovative ATM solutions and proactive collaboration to achieve sustainable growth in the region. This forum is a unique opportunity for the ATM leaders of this region to discuss how ANSPs here can work together to address this challenge. Jakarta, Indonesia
, May 6
New January 8, 2013
- Fly-Belts Airplane seat belts as fashion apparel. Suitable for all types of pants. Adjustable, resistant, and adapted to wear every day outside the aircraft as apparel.
- Mach Aviatrix A flying school and air hostess training institute in the Philippines.
- Elite Helicopters Based at Goodwood Aerodrome near Chichester in West Sussex and providing helicopter charter and helicopter pilot training.
- Precision Flight Controls, Inc. Flight training devices for both pilots and educators: full motion sims, flight consoles, rudder pedals, seats and tables, throttle quads, yokes, software.
- Awery Aviation Solutions Flight and cargo management software: software integration and development, systems integration and support, server technology, e-solutions, corporate E-Mail solutions, Web-site and CRM solutions, Web-design and advertisement, consultancy and support.
Northwest Aviation Conference and Trade Show This event brings pilots, mechanics, aircraft owners and their families together for two days of seminars and presentations as well as over 300 exhibits. If you have an interest in aviation, here you will get all your questions answered. Showplex in Puyallup Washington
, February 23
- 24, 2013
New January 3, 2013
- Institute for Women Of Aviation Worldwide This independent, not-for-profit, global consortium of businesses and organizations seek to foster diversity and growth in the air and space industry, using outreach and educational programs.
- Stansted Airport Taxis 24hr Stansted Airport private transfer service offering a wide range of ground transportation services from standard saloon minicabs to executive chauffeur services.
- GetACarHire Cheap car hire in the UK, providing economical and luxury car hire at affordable rates at major UK airports.
Aviation Leadership Forum Founded in 2008 by Former Sea to Sky President, Teara Fraser, the Aviation Leadership Forum provides an opportunity for industry professionals to collaborate and discuss the critical nature of leadership development in impacting organizational and industry safety standards. Topics and round-table discussion will touch on corporate leadership, cultural change, and organizational performance standards. This impactful one-day event is held annually in Richmond, British Columbia and continues to expand to a widening range of delegate participants and corporate sponsors. Students and teachers are encouraged to attend. (Discount granted with student ID#) River Rock Resort Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
, February 19, 2013
- The Aviation Writer The personal aviation-related blog of by Robeel Haq, the former editor of Aviation Business magazine in the Middle East, who now works at Etihad Airways.
- Tiffin Aire A family owned and operated business located at the Seneca County Airport (K16G) in Northwest Ohio. Aircraft sales, aircraft and propeller maintenance, charter and rentals.
- AeroCinema A subscription web channel for aviation enthusiasts with feature-length films and short stories providing a look at the most exciting aircraft of years-gone-by.
- Unmanned Experts Provision of targeted solutions to specific UAV / UAS requirements, management or mentorship of UAV / UAS programs, UAS training course development and instruction, on-call dedicated UAS / UAV subject matter experts.
- RCHobbyBase An online RC hobby shop for RC helicopters, airplanes, cars, and hobby parts.