Aviation Theme Establishments
Aviation Theme Restaurants
- 356th Fighter Group Restaurant A World War II theme restaurant located at the Akron/Canton [Ohio] Regional Airport.
- Airport Diner A traditional 50's style diner conveniently located near the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. Great food, voted Best of New Hampshire Diner by New Hampshire Magazine. Excellent service by Blondie - tell her Max said hello. 2280 Brown Avenue, Manchester, New Hampshire.
- AV8 Bistro & Restaurant This Cotswold restaurant at Kemble Airfield, Glos, UK features large picture windows that overlook the runway and taxiways, so diners can feel part of the action and ‘watch the world fly by'. Historic jet fighters, private aircraft, microlights and helicopters all land regularly.
- Aviator Sports & Recreation Center An outdoor "Winnie Mae Restaurant," (with airplane of same name parked outside) and soon featuring a working Lockheed Vega. All sorts of parties and events are available outdoors (on the runway) and indoors (at bar and various rooms). Many kinds of sports available: football, basketball, skating, hockey, rock climbing, soccer and much more. Located on Floyd Bennett Field, New York. (Which started as New York's first municipal airport in 1931, before LaGuardia. Amelia Earhart, Howard Hughes, and others used to love to depart from this airfield.)
- Barnstormers USA Dine-in, take out, and catering. Located in Bedford, Massachusets.
- Bomber Restaurant The restaurant's theme is tied to the B-24 bombers that were made during World War II at the nearby Willow Run bomber plant. Located in Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Hangar One Steakhouse An aviation theme restaurant in Wichita, Kansas.
- High Jackers Restaurant South Pacific decor with a splash of aviation history at Flagler County Airport, Palm Coast, Florida.
- Maggie McFly's Unique Eatery This Connecticut resturaunt (2 locations) features a bit of an aviation theme.
- Main Hangar Restaurant Located in the Decatur Airport Terminal Building and overlooking the runways.
- The Moth Restaurant and Bar This New Zealand restaurant is in Mandeville, adjacent to the Old Mandeville Airfield.
- Nieuport 17 Restaurant An aviation-themed restaurant featuring fine cuisine, unique décor, and an intimate cocktail lounge with live entertainment. Named after the French World War I fighter aircraft and located in Lafayette Plaza at Newport Avenue and Irvine Boulevard in Tustin, California.
- Parachute Inn This restaurant at 10 Skywatch, Walnut Ridge, Arkansas includes an attached Southwest Airlines Boeing 737. Southern home-style cooking and seafood.
- The Proud Bird Restaurant Themed after the era surrounding World War II, and located next to one of Los Angeles International Airport's approach runways. They have banquet rooms, an outdoor ceremony location, and personalized packages to accommodate special occasions and private events, such as wedding ceremonies and receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, engagement and birthday parties, as well as a variety of corporate functions , retirement parties, awards presentations, and holiday parties.
- Specialty Restaurants Corporation Operating a variety of aviation theme restaurants in the US: 49th Aero Squadron (CA, IL, MO, OH, FL, MD), 100th Bomb Group (OH), 4th Fighter Group (FL), 391st Bomb Group (FL), 94th Bomb Group (NJ), 56th Fighter Group (NY), Air Transport Command (DE), 57th Fighter Group (GA), 101st Airborne (TN).
- Tailspin Tommy's Pizza & Baked Subs An aviation theme restaurant located 2 blocks north of the airport in Oshkosh.
- Wingstop Dine in or carry out from one of the many franchise locations across the U.S.
Aviation Theme Inns
- The Alexis Park Inn & Suites An aviation-themed all suites hotel within a stone's throw of Iowa City Airport's Runway 25. Each suite is decorated to reflect a discrete period of aviation history. Located less than a mile from the University of Iowa campus, downtown Iowa City, shopping, and over 50 fine restaurants.
Other Aviation Theme Businesses
- Aviodrome The Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum Aviodrome is situated at Lelystad Airport on the eastern side of the Zuider Zee, about 45 minutes drive from Amsterdam.
- Starbrook Airlines This Belgian chocolate company was founded in 1998 and utilizes retro-style packaging with stewardesses, pilots, and airplanes that evoke the style of the early 50's aviation era. Oil paint and watercolour illustrations are by the artist Jaak De Koninck, which he produces to portray his world of airplanes, air hostesses, and of nearly everything to do with flying.
- Warbird Brewing Company All-malt beer brewed by people who love beer and love airplanes, especially retired military airplanes known as "warbirds." T-5 Red Ale, Mustang Gold Ale, Thunderbolt Wheat, Warhawk Pale Ale, and "Shanty Irish" Irish Ale. You can listen to the Warbird Beer Show on Flight Line Internet Radio.